Kirkland SDA School is operated with income derived from tuition and fees, operating subsidies from the local constituent Adventist churches, and an annual subsidy from the Washington Conference of Seventh-day Adventists. Because members of local constituent churches are already supporting Kirkland SDA School through their church offerings and their support ofthe Washington Conference, they pay a discounted tuition rate. Students outside the local constituency pay a slightly higher rate, and members of the community at large pay the full tuition rates. All students must pay the non-refundable registration fee of $450. This fee is due by August 1. Registration fees paid after August 1, will increase to $500. The entrance fee helps to cover the cost of textbooks, student insurance, yearbook, field trips (not including overnight trips), assemblies, and other supplies.
|Tuition Rate Categories
||One Student Only
||Family Discount: Rate for Each Student in Family
PAYMENT & FINANCIAL PLANNING
All families requesting financial assistance must meet with the business manager to establish a financial plan for the school year. Tuition payment is due on the first of every month. Payments are considered late, and a late fee of $15.00 is assessed, after the 10th of each month. Miscellaneous monthly charges and fees should be paid each month along with the tuition to avoid late fees. Eighth grade class dues are assessed at $5.00 per month for 10 months. Kirkland Seventh-day Adventist School does not accept educational vouchers.
PAYMENT PLAN OPTIONS
1. 10 month option – The registration fee is paid by August 1st with tuition payments spread out in 10 equal payments, September through June.
2. Payment in full – Registration fee and full tuition are paid by September 1.
NOTE: A 2.5% service fee will be added for credit card payments.
The following activities are not included in the tuition charge, but are offered as part of the school program and have additional associated fees or expenses: private music lessons, instrument rental, class dues, club fees, music uniforms, outdoor school, ski school, school pictures, overnight field trips, sports participation fees, transportation, etc.
Tuition and previous account balances paid in full, and in cash, prior to the start of school will receive a 4% discount. Tuition and previous account balances paid in full, prior to the start of school, by credit card, will receive a 2% discount. The Family Discount rate of $10.00 per month (for 10 months) is available for each KSDA student who has a sibling enrolled in either the KSDA School or PSAA. **No discount rates are available for the international student program.**
All outstanding account balances with Kirkland Seventh-day Adventist School, as well as current registration fees and the scheduled payments must be paid in full before online reenrollment can be completed and admission granted. The Finance Committee will review all past due accounts for potential action. A reminder letter will be sent if payment is 10 days late. A student may be asked to refrain from school attendance if the account is more than 60 days past due. There will be a $25 NSF fee for returned checks. Final grade cards/cumulative folders are not released until all financial obligations are met in full.
If a student withdraws prior to the end of the year, tuition will be prorated based on the number of days enrolled, regardless of days in attendance.
A graduation ceremony is held at the end of Kindergarten and 8th grade. Students participating in these ceremonies must have completed their financial obligation to the school.
1. Church - Parents who require financial assistance should first contact their pastor for church assistance. Churches are asked to send a confirmation letter to the school itemizing the amount of the scholarship per student.
2. Sponsorships – Parents are encouraged to speak with family members and friends who may be glad to assist with tuition payments. Limited student scholarship assistance and/or tuition assistance is available through KSDA to supplement the parents ability to pay. Parents must qualify for assistance as determined by FACTS, an assessment tool used by the school. FACTS does not award scholarship money. KSDA is guided by the FACTS assessment tool regarding family need and will determine scholarship amounts based on the FACTS report.
Access FACTS at www.factstuitionaid.com/facts/gaapp
or call (866) 315-9262. There is a fee of $25.00 to use the FACTS assessment tool. Financial assistance will not be granted without the FACTS assessment report.
3. Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) – This assistance from KSDA is available for all students who qualify through the FACTS assessment report.
4. SSA – Available for students from constituent churches who qualify through the FACTS assessment report.
5. New Convert Subsidy - This assistance is available for families that have joined the Seventh-day Adventist church within the past 12 months. The church pastor must confirm membership.
6. Hispanic Fund from the Washington Conference or NPUC - Limited student scholarship assistance and/or tuition assistance is available through these entities to supplement parents’ ability to pay as determined by the FACTS assessment report This scholarship requires approval from both the constituent church and the school. The first step to apply with the constituent church pastor.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS - FINANCIAL INFORMATION
||$225 ($25 charged to credit card at time of application on website)
|SEVIS Foreign Exchange Fee
||$200 non-refundablle (first year only)
||$500 ($450 if paid by August 1)
|Hot Lunch & Incidental Fee
|First Year Total Charges
|Returning Student Total Charges
Local ELL (English Language Learner) Tutoring
Students requiring assistance with the English language will be referred to the ELL teacher for assessment. There is an additional tuition charge for ELL classes or tutoring.
The I-20 form will be issued only after the following have occurred:
• School faculty and Registrar have reviewed, and approved, the student’s transcripts
• Student has been accepted
• $200.00 application fee and $1000.00 International Student Deposit/Fee have been paid
(1)Tuition: Tuition will include ELL classes as needed and may include, up to three hours of one-on-one tutoring as needed. Additional tutoring needs will result in additional charges. Semester tuition and fees are to be paid in advance. 1st semester is due by August 1, 2nd semester is due by January 1.
(2) Application: This is a one-time charge that covers the cost of process applications. This fee is non-refundable.
(3) Registration: This is an annual fee that goes toward textbooks, yearbook, etc. This fee is non-refundable.
(4)Activity Fee: This fee covers activities and cultural excursions designed exclusively for International students. This fee is non-refundable.
(5) Hot Lunch and Incidental Fee: This account will cover hot lunches and other fees that come up during the year. If there is a balance remaining at the end of the school year, the parent/student will be refunded the remaining amount.
Tuition, and hot lunch/incidental fee are based on one year of enrollment. Rates can be adjusted for length of stay shorter than one year.
As the minimum period of acceptance for an international student is four months, the registration and International Student Deposit must be paid at the time of application and these fees are non-refundable in all circumstances. The tuition and any other fees are due on August 1.
International students who withdraw after the start of the semester are responsible for the entire semester’s tuition. No refunds.