April 18, 2019
Points of Interest
- Kindergarten 101 Sunday, April 28th – Come by to see the Kindergarten classroom and curriculum. This is a chance to talk with the teacher, d’Ann Jacaban, as well as the principal & vice-principal. You may even meet other kindergarten students and their parents. This open house will be Sunday, April 28th from 3:00 to 4:00 pm. Please contact d’Ann Jacaban (503-801-4641) if you have any questions.
- “The Entire American Revolution” Fundraising Skit – KSDA’s 7th & 8th grade classes are presenting a historical play, “The Entire American Revolution (In 40 Minutes or Less)” on Saturday night, April 27th at 8:30 pm in the school gym. Tickets are $10 adults, $5 children under 12 and $25 for a family. Funds go toward their trip to Washington, D.C in April 2020. A pie & cake auction will be held following the play.
- Campus Speed Limit – In light of student safety concerns, the speed limit on campus is 5 mph. Please slow down when driving on campus. This is especially a concern during drop-off and pick-up times when we have extra people walking around on campus. You may be sent to the Principal’s office if you our caught speeding through campus.
- Re-Enrollment – In order to facilitate a smoother registration process, we are implementing some changes to our re-enrollment process. Please watch for more information from Mrs. Meeks about the new process.
- Volleyball Clinics – We recently learned that due to league rules we cannot hold clinics outside of our seasons. Therefore we have had to postpone the clinics that were scheduled in April and May until summer. Please stay tuned for more details on a new date. If you have questions, please contact Coach Bruce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Science Fair – The science fair will be on Thursday, April 25th from 5-7pm. Thank you for your feedback on the time for our science fair.
- Blood Drive – PSAA’s National Honors Society is having their 6th annual Blood Drive on Monday, May 20th from 10:00 – 4:00 in the PSAA Student Lounge. Stay tuned for information on how to sign up.
- Teacher Appreciation Week May 6-10 – Home & School is sponsoring a week to celebrate our teachers and thank them for all they do. Please watch for more information from Home & School on how you can help celebrate and thank our teachers.
- Class Picture Day – Class pictures were taken on Tuesday, April 16th. It’s not too late to order. The order form is attached with all the details.
- After School Electronics Policy – Mr. Jacaban has implemented a NO ELECTRONICS policy during After School Care, unless it is needed to complete homework.
- Important dates for next school year (2019-2020): All school calendar dates are subject to change, due to the unpredictability of the school year. We will provide as much notice as possible when there is a change.
Aug. 26 First Day of School
Nov. 25-29 Thanksgiving Break
Dec. 23-Jan.3 Christmas Break (Classes Resume 1/6/20)
Mar. 23-27 Spring Break
June 5 Last day of school
Important Dates to Remember
Apr 25th Science Fair
Apr 29th No School – WA Conf. Teacher In-service
May 6-10 Teacher Appreciation Week
May 14th PSAA Spring Concert @ 7:00pm
May 15th KSDA Spring Concert @ 6:30pm
May 16th Jog-A-Thon
May 20th NHS Annual Blood Drive
May 24th Noon Dismissal
May 27th No School – Memorial Day
May 31st Noon Dismissal/Last Day of School – No After School Care
May 28th KSDA Kindergarten Graduation @ Kirkland SDA Church Fellowship Hall @ 6:30pm
May 30th KSDA 8th Grade Graduation at Kirkland SDA Church @ 7pm
May 31st - June 2nd PSAA Graduation Weekend
Jr Sharks Athletics Upcoming Games
No games this week
For the most accurate list of game times, practice times & locations, please check the Athletics page on the school website at www.ksdaschool.org.