February 20, 2020
Points of Interest
- Playground Closed After School – The playground is closed after school to all students and families, with the exception of our Extended Care Program. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Sibling Pictures – On Monday, February 24th, we will be taking photos of our 28 sets of KSDA siblings for special recognition in the yearbook! Please let your children know so they are prepared for a picture to be taken with their brother/sister.
- PSAA Academy Day – Invite your friends to attend Academy Day on February 26th from 8 am – 3:30 pm. They will visit classes, meet friends, enjoy a free lunch, & learn more about life at PSAA. To register, please contact the school office at 425-822-7554.
- Kindergarten 101 Sunday, March 8th – Come by to see the Kindergarten classroom and curriculum. This is a chance to talk with the teacher, d’Ann Jacaban, as well as the principal & vice-principal. You may even meet other kindergarten students and their parents. This open house will be Sunday, March 8th from 3:00 to 4:00 pm. Please contact d’Ann Jacaban firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Smoothie Fundraiser – Make your Mondays a bit smoooother…The PSAA Band will be selling smoothies after school on Mondays to raise money for their Music Tour in April. Come over to the cafeteria for a nice cool, yummy treat. Smoothie sales will be from 3:15-4:00pm. They will be selling 12 oz. smoothies for $3 and 16 oz. smoothies for $4. They will also have a non-dairy option available.
- MOD Pizza Fundraiser – Come to MOD Pizza in Totem Lake (12530 Totem Lake Blvd, Kirkland) on Tuesday, Feb 25th any time (10:30am-10:00pm) and mention PSAA Music Tour and 20% of your total will be donated to the PSAA Spring Music Tour. Let us know you’re coming by clicking on this link (https://www.groupraise.com/events/129495-puget-sound-adventist-academy-music-tour-at-mod-pizza).
- International Food Fair is March 1st – Come and enjoy a taste of international cuisine and support the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). All profits from the fair benefit TAP. This event will be held in the school gym.
- Important dates for next school year (2020-2021): All school calendar dates are subject to change, due to the unpredictability of the school year. We will provide as much notice as possible when there is a change.
Aug. 25 First Day of School
Nov. 23-27 Thanksgiving Break
Dec. 21-Jan.1 Christmas Break (Classes Resume 1/4/21)
Mar. 22-26 Spring Break
June 4 Last day of school
- Sick/Missing School – Please remember to notify your child’s teacher or the school office (425-822-7554 or email@example.com) if your child is sick or will be missing school.
- Substitute Teachers Needed – KSDA & PSAA are looking for individuals interested in being substitute teachers for us. For more information, please contact PSAA Vice Principal Kelly Jordan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facebook – Like and follow us on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with what our teachers and kids have been up to. Look for our featured teachers and devotionals.
Important Dates to Remember
Feb 26th PSAA Academy Day
Feb 27-29 WA Conf. Music Festival for 7th & 8th Grade
Mar 1st International Food Fair
Mar 20th Noon Dismissal – NO After School Care
Mar 20th End of 3rd Quarter
Mar 23-27 Spring Break
June 2nd KSDA Kindergarten Graduation @ Kirkland SDA Church Fellowship Hall @ 6:30pm
June 4th KSDA 8th Grade Graduation at Kirkland SDA Church @ 7pm
June 5th – 7th PSAA Graduation Weekend
Jr Sharks Athletics Upcoming Games
Feb 20th Girls Basketball @ Seattle Hebrew: D1 only @ 4:00 pm
For the most accurate list of game times, practice times & locations, please check the Athletics page on the school website at www.ksdaschool.org.